Sunday, June 13, 2010

Yep Mentor You Deserve A Hand Clap !


Yes, This is my Mentor!!!

A trusted and selfless person who has experience and will guide and steer you in the right direction.

A person who has passion and wants you to succeed in what ever your endeavor is.

Someone who has loads and loads on their plate but will take time to give you a nudge when you need it. Is patient when you are about to pull your hair out because you can't find what you need, or you have to be told over and over how to do certian tasks.

People generally associate a mentor with helping a younger person,but being such an old biddy, I have needed mentoring too.
Whether my mentor knew it or not I latched on to them. Wham!! before they knew it, I made them my mentor (lol)

So many roads,twists and turns to follow:

I have been tormented on which path to pick when coming to a fork or a pass in the road or even an ole dusty trail.


Then along comes my mentor, with a "did you look here?",or "try this link"and an amazing gesture when they tell you "I found this document and I thought you might need it for your records...
A mentor will do the happy dance with you when you have found something small or something monumental concerning your ancestors.


I am so amazed at the kindness! Those times have given me the where-with-all and have demanded me to give back what has been passed on to me.

I know also that a simple thank you is not nearly enough to say to those who have helped me along the way.
However,my heart is filled with a million thank-you's and my mentor(s) deserve every last one of them.
So for all those million thank-you's I have in reserve, I have taken and rolled them all up into one big Thank You!

Now, back to my research!


2 comments:

Sharon Sutton said...

I am loving these stories!!! Maybe that is why your light is so bright you ate all those holy crackers and Jesus juice as a child. Keep telling your story, it is a delight.

Ms Vicky said...

Thanks so much Sister Cousin for your wonderful comments! I stand accused lol